All adventure courses such as Low Challenge Courses, High Ropes Courses, Rock Walls, and Zip Lines should be inspected regularly. While a visual inspection should take place each time the course is used, the ACCT recommends that a capable organization should provide an intensive Ropes Course Inspection annually.
When Common Ground delivers an inspection we will:
- Provide a full work day by 2 of our qualified staff. If our inspection only takes a few hours we spend the remaining time addressing any concerns that arise up during the inspection.
- Do a close up hands-on inspection of each Low and High Ropes element; this often involves climbing to verify that all hardware is still in good working order.
- Examine all equipment and gear that is used on the course.
- Review safety concerns with you on-site at the time of your inspection
- Supply a written inspection report within 10 days of your inspection
- Review your equipment usage logs and make recommendations on best record-keeping practices
If you are interested in our Ropes Course Inspection service, please answer a couple questions in our online Inspection Pricing Request Form and we will promptly follow up with a quote along with our detailed inspection service agreement.